Friday, September 10, 2010

What's In My Bag and Organizational Tips


Hello lovies,
I got my school bag in the mail the other day and so I used it for school today (first day of testing it out) and I absolutely love it!  It is such a better bag than the one I was using from Target.  The straps on this bag are so nice and squishy and thick, they didn't hurt my shoulders at all and I have a pretty heavy bag.  There are so many compartments and places to store things all over!  I really like the design and the color and just the overall feel of this bag.  It just seems like a really durable, good quality bag!  So on to what's in it :)  I carry my laptop in there which is what I take most if not all of my notes, I carry two Paul Frank folders - one for my paper work from the classes I TA for and the other I carry loose leaf note paper (just in case I need paper because I don't carry a notebook to school with me), I also have the essentials like my pencil case, calculator, wallet, umbrella (it rains a lot in FL), sweater, headphones, mints, etc...  Sometimes I will bring a lunch to school and then I will put my lunch box with ice pack in my bad too.

As for organizational type tips...I like to make tons and TONS of flash cards.  I find myself to be a visual and auditory learning so when I am reading I read aloud (sounds kind of weird I know but that's how I do it).  I also take notes on my laptop in class but then when I come home I rewrite them into a designated notebook (which I leave at home), and I highlight all the important information that shows up both in the lecture/slides and in the book.  I make flash cards based on the information I have highlighted!  I am also studying to take the GRE (Graduate Record Exam - to get into Grad school) and I have made flash cards for vocab words as well.  Hmmm what else...oh yea, I like to color code everything in my planner so for instance blue=lab stuff, baby pink=TA stuff, hot pink=personal stuff, green=work at restaurant stuff, purple=class schedule, highlighted yellow=important deadlines/papers/assignments/proctoring exams.  I have filled in the months of September, October, November, and December already so that I know how to allocate my time accordingly.  One thing that has worked wonders for me (and I know this will be easier said than done) but MANAGE YOUR TIME!! I am a huge procrastinator but one thing you will start to realize (as I have) is that as your classes get harder or you have just a boat load of stuff going on, you need to manage your time and plan EVERYTHING out.  One of the reasons I have the little "check mark" boxes next to my assignments and things I need to do is so that I can get the satisfaction of actually checking something off my list of stuff I HAVE TO GET DONE :)  This is the first year/semester that I have done this (and I actually got this little tidbit of information from another youtuber) and it has been working wonders for me!

Ok here are some pictures :) ENJOY


No comments:

Post a Comment