Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Garlic Butter Chicken with Avocado and Tomato Salad

So if you watch my YouTube you will know that I posted a cooking video last night.  I am on a new diet/workout routine.  You may think that "diet" means restricting food intake and the yo-yo fad gimmicks but "diet" to me just means the food I eat.  I wanted to change the food I eat by maybe cutting back on sweets and fats and boosting proteins and veggies.  Basically I just wanted to eat healthier than I was eating before.  I have started tracking my weight, workouts, and diet on YouTube and I will sprinkle those videos throughout my makeup stuff.  I will also be tracking these things on here for you too!  The main reason for this post though was to give you guys the recipe for the chicken dinner I made last night.
You will need:
 FOR CHICKEN

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
 DRY MIXTURE:
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Parsley flakes
Oregano flakes
salt and pepper to taste
MOIST MIXTURE
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tbs minced garlic

Combine minced butter and a 1/2 cup softened butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high until butter is completely melted.
Mix all ingredients for the Dry Mixture together in another bowl.
Take chicken breast and dip in butter garlic mixture then dip into dry mixture and place in a tin foiled lined baking dish/baking dish sprayed with Pam.

Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes (sometimes quicker depending on size of chicken breast).

You will need:
FOR SALAD

two small-medium avocados
two medium-large tomatoes
extra-virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
fresh lemon juice

Cube avocado into bite size chunks and add to a salad bowl.
Cube tomatoes into bite size chunks and add to salad bowl.
Dress with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Juice 1 lemon for fresh lemon juice and drizzle over salad.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment